Grade six was a great year! I always felt engaged in the work we did and enjoyed the environment. I got good grades and always tried my best. Since we got a new teacher in term 2, I had to make a tiny adjustment, but that was fine. I really enjoyed both the teachers I had and wish I had more time with them. I think grade six was an awesome year, but I wish I raised my hand more.
2. What was something that was very memorable?
Something in grade six that was memorable for me was the Deep Cove field trip. I really liked kayaking and hiking. I believe my favourite part was the kayaking race we did at the end, I think that just beat the spectacular view from the top of the rock! The rock was at the end of the hike and the view was amazing! There was a lot of fun and memorable times in grade six, but this was by far my favourite, probably because it was something new!
3. Looking back on your reading comprehension throughout the year, what was one thing you were really proud of? (think back to our literature circles or novels we read together)
Something I was proud of in Language Arts was all the weekend writes I've been doing for the past few weeks. I love writing so Language Arts is one of my favourite subjects! I also really enjoyed the literature circles. I think a highlight during literature circles was reading a good book and doing a fun writing activity afterwards. The novel I enjoyed most was Touching Spirit Bear because of the plot line. I think if I could go back to improve part of my mark, I would try to speak a bit louder so my group could hear me better. Overall, I enjoyed the books we read this year and all the writing!
4. What was one thing that you struggled with in terms of reading and that you think you should work on?
I think for my reading, I could have worked on reading slower instead of flying through the chapters so my group could understand me as well. I think I should continue to work on reading a lot of books, as well. I think those are the only things I should work on!
5. What writing piece were you most proud of (personal, story or persuasive). What about it made you proud?
For me, the write I am most proud of is my spring break write. I am most proud of it because I got a good mark on it and it was a detailed write. I also had a lot of fun writing it because I used my imagination! Although I am proud of all my writes, this one stood out because I used nice transition words and strong words.
6. What was one thing that you think you still need to work on throughout all of your writing? How do you know you need to work on this?
I think for my writing I should improve on better punctuation and grammar. The reason I know I need to work on these is because I sometimes find it hard to read my writing.
7. We have talked a lot about communication skills (how you communicate with your peers and your teachers in small or large groups) What is one thing that you do well in terms of communication and one thing that you think you should keep working on?
In terms of communication, one thing I do well is speak kindly to others and don't talk back to my teachers. But one thing I should keep working on is talking a bit louder so people can actually hear me.
8. Do you think you do a good job of asking for help when you need it? How do you know you are good at asking for help or not?
When it comes to asking for help, I struggle a bit. I don't ask for help very often because I usually figure it out on my own. When I don't figure it out though, I usually move on and come back to it. I know I am not very good at asking for help because I do not ask very often.
9. In math, we learned a lot of things this year. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at it?
In math I did struggle in one area, which was the mean median and mode. I got most of it, but I struggled with the mean. I did enjoy long division because I found a way to remember how to do it, so I tried it with the mean, and I was much better!
10. What was one thing you were really proud of in math this year- something you think you did really well or a challenge you over came?
In math this year, I was really proud of a test I did where I almost got a perfect score! I think it was 19/20 in the pattern unit. I think it was one of my best scores this year in math!
11. We spent a lot of time learning about social emotional learning. How do you self-regulate? How do you promote social emotional learning around you? (Think of your morning zones of regulation)
Over the school year, we did a lot of work with social emotional learning. I like to self regulate by listening to music or running. I think a great way to promote social emotional learning would be to write blogs or post videos on youtube. I try to promote it around me by talking about it more.
12. How did you like project based learning? What were your strengths? What could you work on in the future?
I really like project based learning. I think it let you be creative and let you have more freedom with your work. My strengths would be being independent. I was able to work alone and get a lot of the work done in group projects. But in the future, I think I could work on practising or rehearsing a bit more before I present my project.
13. You experienced different types of innovative learning within the classroom such as classroom blogs, coding, choice, passion projects etc. How did this best support your learning? What did you like about it?
When we experienced different types of learning, I think this supported my learning by showing different ways and angles of how you can learn or how it can be fun. I really liked passion and the blogs. I felt like it all gave me more freedom to do what I wanted to do.
14. Every day you never sat in the same spot, you had different seats to start your morning. How did this benefit your learning? What did you like about it?
Every day when we had new seats, I think this benefited my learning because I got to work with different people everyday instead of the same people. I liked how we did not usually stay in one area and I think it was better then sitting in the same spot for weeks.
My goals over the summer are......
My goals for the summer are to read as much as I can and to keep active and not sit on the couch all day. The reason I think I should read is so I come back to school at a good reading level. I should also stay active so I don't become lazy.
My goals for grade 7 numeracy are.....
My goals for grade 7 numeracy are to be at grade level or higher. I don't want to fall behind on my work either so I need to make sure I do my homework.
My goals for grade 7 literacy are.......
My goals for grade 7 literacy are to read every night and to become a great writer and reader. I also want to write good reflections and brainstorm my ideas before I write.
My overall goals for grade 7 are......
In grade 7, my main goals are to achieve my literacy and numeracy goals and to raise my hand more often if I know the answer or have an opinion.